Nothing is better than a warm, homemade cookie on a cold winter day. We serve this cookie at tea time here at The Hartstone Inn and it is a guest favorite!
Butterscotch Chip-Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup pecan pieces
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
1. In a bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter. Add the sugars and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract a nd 2 Tablespoons of water.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture gradually, and beat until it is just combined.
3. Gently stir in the coconut, pecan pieces, oats and butterscotch chips.
4. Make balls with a #40 ice cream scoop and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with a nonstick baking mat or on lightly greased baking sheets.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer the cookies to cooling racks to cool. Makes 45 cookies.
Recipe copyright © 2009, Michael Salmon
Looking for more Hartstone Inn cookie recipes? Click here for our chocolate-chip walnut cookie.
On a side note, have you heard of a Silpat? We bake all of our cookies on Silpat mats and they are wonderful! Your cookies will never stick to the pan! View more information on Silpats here.