Our guests at the Hartstone Inn are always looking to see more of Camden. This easy, 2-hour guided historical walking tour is just the opportunity! The tour is guided by Tom Marshall who recently published Our Summer in Camden and is the author of Make The World Your Second Home.
SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS ARE:
- Best day trips from Camden. Climb Mt. Megunticook? Rent a kayak or take a lesson? Play golf?
- Historic homes and buildings. Opera House and oldest school.
- The tour guide’s favorite restaurants and top five things to see a nd do.
- The best route for a morning walk or Jog. What you’ll see.
- The Curtis-Bok family legacy. Who were they?
- Camden’s Pulitzer prize winning poet, St. Vincent Millay.
- Why did Eleanor Roosevelt and Barbara Bush visit Camden?
- What woman got President Taft to stop by for lunch?
- What notorious movie was filmed in Camden?
- Why the U.S Navy honored Seaman William Conway with 7 U.S battleships firing a 21 gun salute?
- Why a wealthy Protestant lady wanted a Catholic church built? Other Camden churches?
- The tour is planned to be offered beginning Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, as follows:
- -FRIDAY AT 2PM -SATURDAY AT 10 AM -SUNDAY AT 2 PM
- Check the calendar for additional tours on holidays or special weekends.
- Private tours for large groups or unscheduled days are available on request.
- The meeting place. The flagpole on the Village Green at Chestnut St. and Elm St.
- No reservations are necessary. Be at the meeting place 15 minutes before the tour begins as the tour starts promptly.
- Cost: $20 per person. Children under 12 are free. Cash or check…no credit cards.
- Tour will last 2 hours, an easy walk, comfortable shoes recommended.
- Weather policy. If it is raining the tour is cancelled. Check the calendar. If the tour starts, and it rains, you are welcome to leave, but no refunds will be made. It is the discretion of the tour guide, at that point, to continue or terminate the tour. If the tour is terminated after starting, rain checks will be given.