by Chef Michael Salmon
6 large eggs
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 ounces Atlantic smoked salmon
1/4 cup grated sharp Vermont cheddar
2 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 Tablespoons capers
freshly ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons chopped chives
2 Tablespoons sour cream
fruit for garnish
1. These are individual open-faced frittatas. Crack the eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk
well. Add milk and salt, and mix.
2. In a 7-inch nonstick sauté pan, melt 1 Tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add half of
the egg mixture and stir gently (as you would for scrambled eggs) until the eggs are about
3/4 firm. Stop stirring and let the eggs set up. Flip over and firm up the other side. Remove
to a baking sheet and cook the other half of the egg mixture in the same way.
3. Spread one ounce of the smoked salmon over each frittata. Evenly sprinkle the cheese, red
onion and capers and crack some black pepper on each frittata.
4. Place the baking sheet under a salamander or broiler to melt the cheese and lightly brown
the top of the frittatas. Sprinkle with the chives.
5. Serve with a spoonful of sour cream and a fruit garnish on the side.