Makes 25 cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks (pea size) 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cashew halves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, combine the sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, oats and baking
powder and mix until well combined. Gently stir in the white chocolate, cranberries, coconut and cashews by hand.
- Make balls with a #40 ice cream scoop and place about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with a nonstick baking mat or on a lightly greased baking sheet. Pat down the balls to make 3/4-inch disks.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, just until they begin to brown along the bottom edge. Transfer the cookies to cooling racks to cool.
Recipe copyright © 2009, Michael Salmon